Thursday, March 29, 2007

Spring At Last, Ft. Mac Style!

Well it seems that we are finally catching up with the rest of the world and it MAY have stopped snowing way up here. I was reaching my breaking point for snow and sub-zero temperatures. I mean, how long can any reasonable person take 4 feet of snow and -20 and lower temperatures.
Needless to say the weather has finally taken a turn for the better up here. I have never seen snow melt so fast! A week ago the packed snow on our driveway was 8- 10 inches thick (yes we were lazy and rarely shovelled) and in a matter of days it was clear and bone dry. I guess it can be said that there's no waffling about the weather around here, just BAM, and spring has hit us in full swing.
Last weekend because it was so warm out (above 0 degrees!) we took Isaac out to the backyard that hadn't been touched all winter. It was quite an adventure because the snow was waist deep in some places. Isaac enjoyed basking in the sun and watching us build a fairly husky snow troll. Here's some pictures.


No comments: