Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The Home Cook: New Recipe

I just made this last night, it was really quick to prepare and very tasty. Even Isaac, who has been pretty picky lately ate two pieces. we gave it a Yum Factor of 8/10.

Mint Roasted Chicken Tikka Serves 4

450g boneless chicken breasts, cut in half

Marinade

1 tsp Garam Masala

1 Tbs chopped fresh green chilli

1 Tbs freshly ground black pepper

4 Tbs finely chopped fresh mint leaves

1 cup thick yogurt

2 Tbs lemon juice

1-1/2 Tbs ginger and garlic puree

1 Tbs salt

1 Tbs oil

1. Combine yogurt, mint, lemon juice, oil, garam masala, ginger and garlic in a small bowl. Place chicken cubes in a resealable plastic bag and add yogurt/mint mixture to coat chicken. Marinate in the fridge for 4 hours.

2. Heat oven to 450 C. Place marinated chicken on a shallow baking tray and roast for 20 minutes, turning halfway through. Alternatively, broil or grill the chicken for 10-12 minutes, turning once, until cooked through.

3 comments:

Nora said...

Wow! This looks really yummy, and I've been looking for some easy Indian recipes to incorporate into my menus. I'll have to give this one a try. Thanks!

Katey said...

Sounds good. Where does one acquire garam masala? I'd like to try this one, I adore savory that use mint.

thepedaller said...

I just got garam masala at the grocery store in the ethnic foods section with the spices.