In the craziness of sewing Halloween costumes last week I decided it would also be a great idea to make a baby gift for a friend who just had twin girls. Completely out of my mind I know, but coming from my family, the opportunity to make cute little girl baby gifts does not happen very often. And twin girls...I could not pass up the opportunity to make little matching outfits. So the afternoon before the shower (of course I need the pressure of an immienent deadline!) I am still finishing the t-shirts. As my sister who called during this sewing madness can attest things were getting a little tight to get it all done and wrapped before naptime was over. In the end the second t-shirt had to be delivered later (it came down to feeding my family dinner or finishing the gift...always a tough call!). But all's well that ends well and I'm really happy with the result. The t-shirts are a modification of MADE's 90-minute shirt tutorial (I added a cuffed and puffed sleeve and use the t-shirt material for the ribbing) and the skirts are following MADE's simple skirt tutorial. The 90-minute shirt tutorial is really good, I have made several for littlest skinner.
What I Wish I'd Known Before I Was a Bride
9 years ago



3 comments:
I'd call those outfits 'designer' outfits. Keep taking those tutorials.
Grannie
Adorable!! What little treasures! We just got a sewign machine - it belonged to Spencer's Grandma so I am itching to start a little project over here... maybe something simple to start. A pillow?
Love those outfits & love that you have so much fun being creative with your sewing. I had so much satisfaction sewing for you and your sisters!
Post a Comment