I've always wanted to make quiet book for my kids. But have been turned off by the sheer number of man hours required to make one. But with littlest skinner's big 1st birthday coming up and the enticing ideas one can find online (thanks a lot pintrest...) I was sucked into sewing my piece de resistance.
Although along the way while sewing late into the night fuel led by poached candy laid away for christmas, I sometimes wondered if I'd completely lost my marbles for taking on such a big project right before Christmas and when said one year old still likes to eat at regular intervals at night (yes, I am crazy like that). Now that I'm through the fire of a million tiny felt and Velcro pieces, I think I can say I'm glad a made this for my littlest guy. And, hey you're only one once right?
Here's the finished pages:
What I Wish I'd Known Before I Was a Bride
9 years ago




5 comments:
Cute, cute, cute. I remember sewing into the night for John's first Christmas. i made all four children a stocking which I still see in their homes. I can still tell you what was appliqued on each one - that is 50 years ago!! Keep up the good work.
Grannie
This is really cute, Emily! You might have a hard time convincing Littler Skinner that it's not for him!
it was special being at Owen's party to see him set eyes on your wonderful creation. Here's hoping the quiet book will help keep him quiet in church!
This is the cutest book ever! Who could resist playing with it? Seeing the pages, I want to!
Love it!
Post a Comment