Friday, May 8, 2009

Boys and their Toys


They say the bigger the boy the bigger the toy and I'm afraid we have set to bar irreversibly high this week for our little boy. Shaun has been working on getting his motorbike out of mothballs the past year and finally got it up and running this week. Isaac was keen to go for a ride and after being instructed on how to honk the horn and 'steer' he took off for a ride up and down our alley with Daddy. Later, I was wondering what on earth I was thinking when I agreed to indulge Isaac's interest in riding the motorbike. Have I just set myself up for 13 years of "When can I drive/get my own motorbike?" and how on earth is a tricyle or any other sort of toddler appropriate bike supposed to compete with something with an engine?

6 comments:

B.E.A.T.L.E. said...

Hummmm...it does that you've got a little bit of a problem there. I guess there's always those mini motorcycles. Of course then you might as well kiss your nerve endings goodbye. They'll be fried from all the worry.

Katey said...

At least you guys have a motorcycle to indulge Isaac with. Once my boys know about this, you can bet they'll be pestering us to get one too!

Jaima said...

Oops! Good luck with that!

reddy said...

Emily, the picture of Isaac and Shaun is a classic. They both look like the cat who ate the canary.Love, mum

reddy said...

Hey, how'd Mom get onto my account?

2x2momma said...

Too much fun! Just don't let Isaac drive by himself ;)