Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Camping In K-Country


With the estimated date of our new arrival fast approaching, and a three-year old who was dying to go camping, we figured we had to make good use of the good weather we had last weekend for a quick overnight camping trip. Our little camper was so enthusiastic he was waiting in his carseat and the truck for about an hour while we loaded up! He was even VERY patient when we got almost to our destination only to find that the highway was still closed for a few more days and had to backtrack to a different route that took another hour and a half on what should have been an hours drive! Once we arrived though we had a great time roasting hotdogs, exploring the bike trails and soaking in the beautiful mountains that surrounded us.
Camping is fun, but camping with kids is even better.

5 comments:

Jaima said...

Emily! You are not still biking are you? Whoa. I can't believe you're camping. You are definately a pioneer woman!

2x2momma said...

When I saw your bike there I was also really surprised. That's awesome you can do that! And what beautiful scenery. Way to get out there and enjoy it all.

thepedaller said...

I bike really slow! So don't be too impressed! I just find it way easier on my hips etc... than walking.

Katey said...

Looks like a good time. Any good tips for when we take the boys in a few weeks?

thepedaller said...

Only one tip...Bring LOTS of diaper wipes! There are a million uses for them when you are camping with kids! I had one container of them that we kept in the car, one in the tent, one in the kitchen box etc...