Ever Since Isaac was two and got his first tricycle, he has been an avid biker. I remember the looks and comments about Isaac's agressive tricycling we'd get from passersby. He would ride down hills and take pretty impressive spills over his handle bars. By the time he was three, he had way outgrown the tricycle and we upgraded him to a two-wheeler with training wheels which were shed by the end of the summer. This had both advantages and disadvantages; while the bike had brakes, it could also go a lot faster and Isaac felt more inclined to try bigger hills and copy the tricks he had seen Shaun do. As my parents can witness, Isaac also had some pretty good tumbles of this bike as well. In some ways, it is a miracle we haven't had any broken limbs yet.
This summer Isaac has grown a lot and height-wise has outgrown his little 12 inch "pirate bike". This week I took him to a local bike store and we picked out a new big bike. Isaac is extremely proud of his new big bike. The day we got home, except for meal breaks and about an hour inside playing, he spent about 6 hours, and 16 kms on his bike.
What I Wish I'd Known Before I Was a Bride
9 years ago
3 comments:
Next time I visit you can show off your bicycle riding techniques, Isaac.
Another engineer in the making?
Love
Gigi
Wow, that sounds fun! The other week I was able to take Caleb and Julian to their ward primary BIKE PARTY. They were talking about it for weeks beforehand and then rode around like crazy in the blocked off church parking lot. We had a great time!
We need to get our avid bikers together. Lately I've been humming "Flight of the Valkyries" whenever Ben rides his because he rides with such intensity and at a breckneck speed. Of course, wearing his viking toque only completes the image.
Post a Comment