Since I ran out of bleach over a year ago, I haven't bothered to buy more with having a curious toddler around and all. After a mounting pile of stained white t-shirts (thanks to same toddler) got the better of me I finally bought a small bottle of bleach to make all those stained shirts wearable again.
Circa two weeks following the bleach purchase:
Mummy tragically leaves the broom closet door open (where the bleach is stored on shelf more than double toddlers height). Said toddler finds broom (a favorite) and begins waving it around. Next thing we know newly purchased bottle of bleach tumbles to the floor, presumably knocked by the broom (I can't think of any other way it got off the shelf) and spills all over the carpet. Mummy sees the tragic accident and whisks her toddler away, stripping him down and dousing him in the shower. Once toddler is deemed OK, mummys thoughts turn to the carpet, the rental carpet, the one that just had 2 litres of bleach spilled on it. While all reasonable attempts are made to save the carpet it unavoidably turns a grotesque shade of yellow. Phone calls are made to landlord and recent buyer of property, the carpet will need to be replaced. Once all is said and done and dry, toddler seems very interested in the 'new' carpet colour and likes to jump and dance on his handy work.
total cost for a 2L bottle of bleach:
$3000
What I Wish I'd Known Before I Was a Bride
9 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment