Thursday, May 24, 2007

Free Health Care?

Back in January I made an appointment with my family doctor to see about getting some moles removed. I called and made an appointment in 2 weeks, the soonest the doctor could see me. Come two weeks later, I visit the doctor. He takes a look at the moles and says that he will refer me to a surgeon to have them removed. His office will make the appointment for me and let me know when it wil be. Appointment time, less than five minutes. Fast forward three months, I finally get a call from my doctors office telling me that I have an appointment with the surgeon in two weeks.
I go to the appointment with the surgeon and in my 5 min appointment he gives me the form and number of the hospital to book my appointment to have these moles finally removed.
I got a call today from the booking office at the hospital; My moles will be removed on Sept 13th. Yep, it may be free but it's going to take 9 months to have two moles removed. I love our health care system.

No comments: