Sunday, January 13, 2008

Going Solo


Shaun has been away on a professional development trip this past week and won't return for one more week, thus I have had a go at single parenthood. Even without having to work to provide for us, at moments I'm ready to go around the bend. So kudos to all those single parents out there who not only make ends meet, but make a great life for themselves and their little ones.
The littlest Skinner and I have also had some fun times this week. We walked over to the library and took the bus back, a first bus ride for him. We also stopped at the pet store during some of our errands; always a favorite with Isaac. He loves watching all the puppies, kittens and other pets antics. He got so excited about some bunnies this time around that I was getting worried about his reaction when we left the store without one. Poor Isaac, he has two pet-disliking parents and the only pet he will probably ever own will be a goldfish. Little skinner finished off the week with a flourish by getting sick. There's no wake up call to the fact that hubby is away like having a sick baby. Nevertheless, after a few days of holing up at home, one visit to the doctor, and many doses of antibiotics Little Skinner seems to be on the mend.
Even though we've had some fun times together while Shaun's been gone and I've been able to be really lazy when it comes to cooking (toast for supper? Works for me) we are really looking forward to his return and ending my brief foray into single parenthood.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I just wanted to say Hi. Shaun and his companion, Elder Guest were the missionaries that baptized my husband, Erik. I've never met Shaun, but I will be forever grateful to him for his service to my family. Hope to get to know you and your family through your blog. Again, many thanks to you and your husband.