Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Oh, yes it's great to be an engine...

Last week I signed out a Thomas train DVD for the littlest Skinner from the Library. I figured that he would enjoy it since he is so into 'choo choos' right now and it might give a few minutes to catch up an many neglected tasks around the house. Little did I know what I was in for, Isaac loved the movie and like to watch it ... a lot. I didn't have a problem with him liking it so much as the catchiness of the songs that are in the show. Before long I could be found humming "It's great to be an engine" or "toby's song" while folding laundry or making supper. I know they are only catchy and somewhat irritating childrens songs but when you've had lyrics like these running through your head you'll understand my dismay:
Just think, how wonderful it would be
To live on the magical Island of Sodor
Helping Thomas the Tank Engine and his friends all day long
It would be like a dream come true
If only I could be an engine too
So without further ado, the DVD went back to the library without being renewed. I can't say that we will never sign it or a another one like it out but I will just learn to live with terribly catchy childrens songs as the soundtrack for my life right now. Oh, yes it's great to be an engine.....

No comments: