
One of Isaacs' favorite toys has become his little stuffed frog Tad. I did not expect him to form such an attachment to a . Tad has buttons his tummy in different shapes and letters that when pressed Tad says, "That's the red heart" or which ever corresponding colour and shape. Then a different shape will flash and if Isaac presses it while it flashes (he never has bothered) Tad will sing a song. Seeing as he has never sat still long enough to press the buttons and listen to the song, I really didn't expect Isaac to become so fond of Tad. The past few months Tad has become the sibiling Isaac doesn't have. When Isaac has a snack, Tad needs one as well. When we go in the car, Tad gets buckled in beside him. If Isaac had his way, Tad would get the car seat and he would sit on the seat, but I won't get into that... When we go in the bike trailer, Tad needs and helmet too. (we've had to improvise on that one; Tad now has a strong head so he doesn't need a helmet). And as you can tell from the picture, when Isaac needs a change of clothes so does Tad. For myself I have mixed feelings about Tad. He becomes invaluable when Isaac doesn't want to get dressed; "Isaac, look how nicely Tad is getting dressed. Don't you want to wear nice shorts like Tad?" But then there are moments like when Isaac was a baby and really difficult to get to sleep in his crib. I can clearly recall after spending a lengthy period of time getting Isaac asleep and trying to tiptoe out of his room and bumping into Tad. Of course the, "Hi! I'm baby Tad. Let's sing!" followed by a resounding rendition of Itsy Bitsy Spider woke Isaac up. Occasions like that made me ready to put a screw driver through his sound box but on the whole I enjoy watching Isaac take care of Tad. It's particularly cute when Isaac tucks him in and gives him a goodnight kiss. Here's to all our toddlers favorite toys, good or bad!
No comments:
Post a Comment