
There is something so satisfying about planting tiny little seeds, watering them and anxiously watching and finally seeing these little plants work their way out of the soil. It never ceases to amaze me how something so large and complex can come from such a little seed. Yes, after years of waiting I have finally planted a vegetable garden and so far I've been pleased with the results. We got to enjoy our first ever salad fresh from our garden. I think store brought vegetables that have been picked who knows how long ago just can not compare to vegetables that were picked hours or minutes before being eaten. While all we've been able to enjoy so far is lettuce, chives, beet greens and green onions, I'm looking forward to fresh cherry tomatoes, carrots, snap peas, basil, beets and potatoes. That is if I don't manage to kill the plants first!
My beets. I can hardly wait for beet pickles!
Lettuce must be one of the easiest things to grow. I have to pick it a few times a week.
The Irises that grow in our flower garden.
No comments:
Post a Comment