Thursday, February 19, 2009

A Good Read


I have always enjoyed an good book and like my Dad (and I believe some sisters!) I have trouble putting a book down when I get really into it. It doesn't matter how many times I've read it, a good story just wraps me up until I can hardly think of anything else (Are Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth ever going to get together!?). I recently just read one such book that I could hardly put down; "The Good Earth" by Pearl S. Buck. Two days of reading all the spare minutes that Isaac allowed me from playing trains and I had finished it cover to cover. It made me ever more so grateful for the comfort in which I live and a husband who just says, "It's nice to have you back!" after several days of severe inattention.

1 comment:

Momma Juj said...

I really loved this book too! I laughed, I cried and I could hardly put it down! It is definately a good one!