I don't know if any of you have experienced this in your own kitchens, but my guess is that if your family includes anyone under the age of 12 that this same situation plagues you as well.
My kitchen floor breeds crumbs....prolifically.
They say that rabbits and other small rodents can propogate at an amazing rate but they do not even compare to the breed of floor crumbs that are threatening to take over my kitchen floor. The other day I was getting tired of getting crumbs stuck to my feet every time I walked in the kitchen (which is plenty often!) and pulled out the vacuum to deal with the mess. After a quick vacuum I was pleased with the nice clean look and feel of my floor. To my dismay I returned to my kitchen only a few minutes later (like after putting the vacuum away) to find little piles of sand and dirt scattered around the kitchen floor. These little crumby gifts were of course complements of little Skinner's muddy boots. Determined to enjoy at least 10 minutes of clean floor I pulled out the vacuum again and sucked up the offending dirt. Satisfied that my floor was clean once again I went on with my day. That night after dinner while sweeping the floor (again!) I was shocked at how many crumbs there were. I had vacuumed twice that day after all. One would think that after such efforts there would at least be less to sweep up, but no...unless you had witnessed my vacuuming earlier in the day you would never have believed by the amount of dirt I swept up that night that the vacuum had been out twicebefore. The only reason I can think of for for such crumbiness is that my kitchen floor breeds crumbs. Anyone else experiencing a crumb infestation?
What I Wish I'd Known Before I Was a Bride
9 years ago
2 comments:
It is a perpetual occurrence around our home, and a perpetual battle to keep the crumbs at bay. To stave off insanity I do the floors at the end of the day when the kitchen is closed;at least that way I get to wake up to a tidy kitchen.
Yes. And now that Edward is eating people food my floors are both crumby and sticky. I also sweep before going to bed, but I also try assign Ivy or Blake to sweep after lunch or dinner every day. Sometimes both if it is really bad. They don't do a "mom" quality job sweeping yet, but they are getting better, and I'm hoping regular turns sweeping will inspire them not to walk around with cookies, slices of toast, cheerios filched from the box . . .
Post a Comment