Thursday, October 22, 2009

Insight of a Three Year Old

I was glancing over previous posts and realized we forgot to post a funny comment Isaac made about 6 months ago.

At the time, Emily and I were reviewing our mortgage and looking into options to take advantage of lower interest rates. But ultimately found little we could do that would be beneficial. I often come home for lunch and one day was later than usual. Isaac was waiting at the window for my arrival and Emily asked him if he new why I was late. His thoughtful response was, "Maybe he is stuck in the Mortgage."

More recently Emily was getting Isaac dressed in the morning and he refused the shirt Emily offered him. In trying to talk Emily out of wearing that particular shirt he said he did not want to wear it because he "had been wearing it for the past 15 years!"

He must get this from his mother. I see nothing wrong with wearing clothes for 15 years and would never complain about it. In fact, I am usually successful in avoiding shopping for new clothes!

2 comments:

Eileen Young said...

Out of the mouths of babes....cute.
I have some clothes that are 20+ years old- It makes me chuckle when I still get compliments when I do wear them. 'What goes around comes around'
Grannie

Anonymous said...

i knew I should have held on to Jim's size 15 1/2 shirts. Darn