Wednesday, October 21, 2009

A Mother by Any Other Name

Little Skinner has re-christened me several times since he has been able to speak. Mostly I am Mommy, but there have been brief periods where I have been known as 'Mama', Mum, Emily, Emmo, the meanest mom to ever walk the earth and more recently 'Mum-Mum'

There is something immensely satisfying to know that after 3 years of intense parenting that my preschooler thinks of me as highly as a well-beloved baby snack.

Have your kids ever come up with interesting nicknames for you?

4 comments:

Katey said...

Not really, but by varying the tone whenever they say "Mummy" it means different things. Some translations include; "help", "go scold my brother", "but i waaant it!", "oh, you are embarassing me", and "pay attention to me NOW!"

Nora said...

I'm looking forward to the day he does :)

Janine said...

Blake called me mummy by accident once- does that count? Since I'm his auntie, after all...

Anonymous said...

I do remember most of my children at least once in their elementary school years accidently calling me by their school teachers name. This is not Quite as funny or embarrassing for them as , in front of their whole school class, calling out for their teacher by accidently shouting out,Mom!