Wednesday, March 18, 2009

$10 Maternity Jeans

For those of you you have experience in the maternity department, you my gasp at such a great price for excellent fitting maternity jeans. You may even not believe me... Quite a few weeks ago on a July birth club forum that I follow one of the other mums-to-be mentioned that she was converting some of her regular jeans to maternity jeans. I loved the idea of this because the jeans I bought last pregnancy I can't stand to wear this time. I had tried on a couple of pairs at maternity stores but just couldn't bring my frugal (or cheap?!) self to cough up the $85 they cost, no matter how well they fit. So I went of to a couple local thrift/consignment stores in search of some well fitting jeans that I could hack up in my attempts to make some suitable maternity pants. I bought three pairs for around $20 and bought the necessary supplies for their transformation for about $12. Using several online tutorials I figured out how to make the denim transformations and this evening finally sat down and gave it a try. I am SO pleased with the result. I love a great fitting pair of jeans and love a great fitting pair of maternity jeans even more. I'll post a picture asap!

1 comment:

Jaima said...

Can't wait to see the pics! How very ingenious.