This afternoon Isaac gave Shaun and I an unexpected gift; he took a very long nap. Not that him taking a nap on a Saturday afternoon was so uncommon until that long ago, the unexpected part of the afternoon was that Isaac napped and neither Shaun nor I had any neglected tasks or errands to do. We were faced with a free afternoon at home to do whatever we wished. Some may laugh or roll their eyes but we companionably retreated to the basement, I to my sewing room, him to his workshop. It was a great afternoon each of us drifting in and out and swapping funny bits of what our week had been like and silly things Isaac had done.
2 comments:
Are you kidding? I worked for weeks when Brigs was born to coordinate his naptime with Ben's. It was worth it! Having kid-free time to putter about the house is one of the ultimate luxuries as a parent.
Sounds absolutely perfect!
Post a Comment