Just a little update on our 'pink baby' (yes the unfortunate nickname has stuck). A few weeks ago at my doctors apointment we were informed that our baby may have clubbed feet and that I was being sent for another ultrasound to get another look. I had my extra ultrasound earlier this week and the radiologist confirmed that our baby boy (that's a certainty now!) has one clubbed foot. It is quite a common birth defect and is completely treatable. We will probably just have some extra appointments and treatments in the months following the babies birth.
If you are curious to know more about what our baby will be doing, here's a really good site about the treatment for clubfoot.
In other, less dramatic news, Isaac is really getting geared up to be a big brother. He talks about pink baby quite a bit and seems eager to be a big brother. Yesterday we were looking at some old photos and there was one of Shaun and I when I was expecting Isaac. Isaac asked where he was and I told him that he was in Mummys' tummy in that picture. He then very thoughtfully said that he was feeding pink baby some yogurt and he was having some cereal while he was in my tummy. Boy the things children come up with!
What I Wish I'd Known Before I Was a Bride
9 years ago
1 comment:
I read the internet about this birth defect - aren't you grateful you live in this day & age when this can be corrected. I like your account of the jeans - you are TALENTED on the machine. Keep it up.
Love Grannie
Post a Comment