I have always had a fascination with vintage advertising and product labels. I guess I just find it so interesting to get a glimpse at the everyday household life of years ago. That is why I have started collecting old food tins. I love the old labels and get a real laugh out of some of the things they used to say to pitch a product. One of my favorites so far in my collection comes from an old can of 'Rogers Golden Syrup' from the 'B.C. Sugar Refining Co. Ltd'. On the back of the label it says, "Delicious as a spread on toast, hot rolls, etc. Excellent for baking, candy making, frostings, and infant feeding." I haven't been able to find a date on the can, but that sentence gives it all away. I am pretty sure it has been some years since any company would recommend the use of their product for feeding infants in the same sentence as candy making! I don't know maybe you don't find this funny, but it sure gives me a chuckle to think of how much things have changed.
What I Wish I'd Known Before I Was a Bride
9 years ago
1 comment:
Don't know what you mean. I feed my kids with syrup all the time. How else do they get the energy to climb my walls on a daily basis?
Post a Comment