I have been teaching a toddler craft class at the Y for about a year now and it just dawned on me (or guilt tripped perhaps) that I really should do a craft or two with Isaac. He does not attend the class with me because I find it too difficult to teach and parent at the same time. So this year I have decided to make my sample for each class with Isaac, instead of waiting until he's gone too bed. It's terrible I know but maybe it's a perfectionist tendency lurking somewhere within me but I hate to bring a sample craft that, well, looks like its been made by an amateur. Over the year though I came to appreciate the beauty and creativity of the creations the children in my classes. And finally realized that Isaac and I were both missing out on some serious fun together. So the past two weeks I have done the craft for the week with Isaac and it's been great! We have a lot of fun and I love seeing how proud Isaac is of his creations.
Here's the craft he is most proud of. And yes he really did do most of it himself! He was so pleased with it and had to sing "Once There Was a Snowman" over and over while he marched around with it.

No comments:
Post a Comment