Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Toddler Fun



They say necessity is the mother of invention. I would only add that a toddler often personifies necessity for invention. Keeping a toddler happy and and occupied can be an interesting problem some days, especially when the clock is ticking towards supper time and the stove, oven and all other cooking implements are empty of signs of supper. So on one of those days where my bag of tricks had long run out and I really needed 20 minutes to get some sort of meal started, I dug into my food storage wheat (you wondered what you were going to do with yours, didn't you?) and filled a large shallow container with the seeds. I tossed in a funnel, some spoons and a couple of dump trucks and, Voila! we were both happily occupied for the time it took me to get supper on the table. Now it did make a bit of a mess on my floor, but I just swept up the spilled wheat with the rest of the supper crumbs after the meal. What are a few spilled wheat kernels to a saved supper?

No comments: